Thursday, June 19, 2014

Fair bargain!

I was watching little Krishna eagerly and trying her best to understand the story. Often I have to ask my ammA or pAdukA for clarification. In one of the stories, a cow names Bahula and her calf Tara were saved by Krishna...

madhurA - yen Krishna umachi Tara va good girl sonna? (Why did Krishna call Tara a good girl?)

ammA tries to use every opportunity to drive home the importance of obedience :) especially since I am a rebel at home. I tried to challenge her attempt very innocently and subtly.

ammA - Tara ammA sonnadha ketta adhunAla dhaan Krishna ummAci good girl sonna (Since TAra listened to her mother. So Lord Krishna calls her a good girl)

madhurA - Yen (why?)

ammA gives no answer

madhurA - naan good girl-a? (Am I a good girl?)

ammA - nee Tara madhiri ammA sonnadha keta good girl (If you listen to your ammA like Tara, then you are a good girl)

madhurA - nee Bahula madhiri irundhaa naan Tara madhiri iruppen ( If you are like Bahula, I will be like Tara) nee maadu aarayaa ma? (will you become a cow?)

No comments:

Post a Comment