Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Happy First Birthday to ME :)

Here is the note I got from pAdukA on June 20th
Happy Birthday kutti pattu :)
First happy birthday vandhuduthu (Your first birthday is here)
AnA, yen innum kutti-a irukka? (Why are you still small?)
Today you will get a cake, a new dress and all your friends will come. ammA however said I can cut your cake since you are small ;) I think it is time to assess the pros and cons of having a little sister. There are quite a few friends who have asked for my opinion. One year seems a fair time to do this analysis.

Things I love
Playing with you - I can determine what and how we play. Makes me feel empowered.You are always at home for me to play with when I feel like.

Teaching you - I love this. I can teach someone smaller than me and then do a demo in front of ammA and appA. I don't need to pretend to be a teacher anymore. 
Blaming you - This is the best part. If I do something mischievous and cannot explain it to appA and ammA, blaming it on you stops any further questioning. Wonder what would happen when you start talking :) 
Being silly with you - You are the only one who truly enjoys our (silly) games.

Being copied/followed - It is flattering when you try to copy me by reading a book or trying to write like I do. It is fun when you follow me everywhere calling me "abbA" instead of "akkA" 
Seeing you violate rules - I cannot hide the joy when I see you disobey and violate what appA and ammA say. I enjoy those moments when ammA and appA sternly lay down rules to you.

Things I do not enjoy
Sharing attention - It is hard but I am taking it well. I am being nice to you sharing the attention of ammA and appA. MadhurA, you owe me big time.

Looking big compared to you - Since you are so small, ammA and appA expect me to behave like a big girl. I am just four!

Hmm..overall it looks like it is so much fun being a big sister:) I am waiting for you to turn three and I know you will be a big girl then. It is going to be a riot :) But remember I will always be your big sis :)

Happy growing up with me pattu kutti :)
Here is my favorite moment we shared when you tried to pat me to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment