Friday, December 12, 2014

Spin it

I am generally a very good, rule abiding girl ;) But every now and then I get into trouble and I have almost perfected a  technique to get out of it by spinning a tale which elders find funny and adorable.

I was struggling to drink kanji (porridge) in the morning and especially the last few sips are the hardest as there are some lumps in it which I don't like at all. Today especially was hard. ammA was feeding the last few sips so that I can finish it fast. After pouring down the lost few drops into my mouth, ammA went into the kitchen. When she came back she saw that I had spit out some of the kanji (porridge)! She was so angry and lost for words. I immediately jumped in with a perfectly logical explanation for this mess.

¨ammA kochikAda. (pointing at the belly button) en thoppaila otta irukku dhaane? nee kuduta kanji vaai vazhiya thoppai kku pordhudhaane? Thoppai la ottai irundha vella dhaane varum. adhaan kanji vella vandhudutthu. nAn edhuvum pannaley. thoppai ottai kku edAvadhu pannu¨

(ammA, don't ger angry. (pointing at the belly button) There is a hole in my stomach right? The porridge that you gave me went to the stomach through my mouth, right? If there is a hole in my belly, won't the porridge come out? So, the porridge came out. It is not my fault. Do something about the hole in my stomach)

That's how you make an angry person spell bound with logic and lots of creativity :)

No comments:

Post a Comment