Monday, February 10, 2014

Quest for answers

I am exploring quite a lot now a days and I get into trouble often. Everyone around questions me as to why I did something but I do not have any answers. After trials and experimentation, I have found the right answer when I am questioned for being mischievous. The charm of each answer wears off with time. Here is how I evolved and refined my response mechanism.

Original response

ammA - madhurA, yen jalam kottina (why did you spill water?)
madhurA - silent but looking innocent not knowing why it is such a big deal.

Stage 1

appA - crayon vechi ezhudinaya tharaila? (did you write on the floor with crayon?)
madhurA (nodding) - chumma ezhudinen. poo floweth ezhudinen (I have drawn a flower)
appA - (cools down) paperla dhaan ezhidanum (you should write on paper only)

Stage 2

ammA - yen patram laam eduthu kizha potta? (why did you take the vessels and keep them down?)
madhurA (pretending to be sad) - yen edukka kudAdhaaa? (why shouldn't I take?) naan vilaiyaada kudAdhA (shouldn't I play?)
ammA (calming down) - toys  vechi vilaiyaadu (go play with your toys)

Stage 3

ammA - paint yaaru onna edukka sonna. paaru odambu muzhukka paint! (who asked you to use paint. you have paint all over your body!)
madhurA - pAdukA pannalaamA naan panna kudAdhA ( pAdukA can paint and I can't)
ammA - ! (Am I being unfair to her?)

Stage 4
appA - ennoda phone yen charger lerndhu edutha?(Why did you pull my phone out of the charger?)
madhurA (even though she did it) - nAn pannala pAdutha dhaan edutthA (I did not do it. It was pAdukA)
pAdukA - poi sollara appA (she is lying appA)
madhurA - pAduthA poi sollara nnu sollarA appA (pAdukA is saying I am lying) badh dhirl (bad girl!) fight starts between the two..

I should confess that stage 4 response is quite effective as I redirect the attention to pAdukA. It is an even battlefield when I fight with her and the original question is lost in that. Looks like I found a winner response which is here to stay for a while :)

No comments:

Post a Comment