Monday, September 18, 2017

I am my own person

I am yet to understand why people think that we (should) behave the same way someone behaves towards us. I am a person who has her own nature and I stay true to it. Sometimes I have tell this aloud to my parents.

It was my school picnic day and I have been excited about this for a week now. On the day of the picnic, I woke up at 5:45 a.m. and got ready. I was about to leave home at 6:45 a.m. My older sis was happily sleeping and did not get up to say "bye".

A week later, it was my older sister's. I am more excited than her :) I checked out the snacks that she is going to take. The night before I felt I am going to miss my sister since she will come 2 hours after I return from school and she will not come with me in the school bus that day.

madhurA - pAdukA, nAn onna miss pannuven ( I am going to miss you)
pAdukA (making a face) - enna? miss-a? (what? miss?)
madhurA - nAn theniyA bus la varuven and nee late-a varuva ( I will come alone in the school bus and you will come a little late)
madhurA hugs pAdukA.. pAdukA is confused as to why this is an emotional deal:)

Next day morning, pAdukA wakes up at 5:45 a.m. and getting ready.

ammA (seeing madhurA) - nee yen ezhundha? (why did you wake up?)
madhurA - pAdukA kalambara (pAdukA is leaving)
pAdukA - adhunAla (so what?)
madhurA follows pAdukA around and gets the things she needs to her. Once again she hugs pAdukA before she leaves.
madhurA (almost in tears) - miss pannuven. bye (I will miss you, bye)
After pAdukA leaves
ammA - madhurA, nee yen ezhunda evalavu sikkaram ( Why did you get up so soon?)
madhurA - Bye solla ( to say bye)
ammA - pAdukA ippadi ezhundu onakku "bye" sonnalA (Did pAdukA get up like this to say bye to you?)
madhurA - no
ammA - appa nee yen idhu ellAm pannara (Then why do you do all these things)
madhurA - avo vera person nAn vera person (she is a different person and I am different.) avo behave pannaraa madhiri dhaan naanum bahave pannanum-a? (Should I behave like her?) nAn avalavida different-a feel pannaren. (I feel differently from her)


No comments:

Post a Comment